With the advancement of technology, more and more people are starting to prefer video conferencing compared to a physical conference. In this blog, we will discuss the difference between virtual event vs physical event and why virtual events are preferred.
A physical event is where people meet up face-to-face and exchange handshakes and eye-contact in person. It usually comprises of a big group meeting where people exchange ideas and discuss a certain topic.
A virtual event is where people gather together, not in a physical location but through sources like video conferencing and the Internet. It often features webinars and webcasts. A webinar is a live, virtual event that is executed online. It enables the sharing of slides and interactive participation via chat boxes.
Why Virtual Event is Better Than Physical Event
With technology advancements, people do not have to travel just to meet up anymore. Here are some reasons why a virtual event is better than a physical event:
- Since travelling is not needed, people can save up on travel costs
- There is also no longer a need to hire staffs and caterers and booking live entertainment is no longer necessary
2. Mass Data
- With a virtual event, we are able to keep track of the kind of content people are viewing and which sales rep they talk to
- Exhibitors are then able to access these data and nurture leads.
- Virtual events can last 30 to 90 days or even all year round
- Physical events only last about 2 to 3 days before closing its doors
Does it Mean That Virtual Event Will Someday Take Over Physical Event?
The answer is both yes and no, however, the reason behind it is because people still want connection. Many people would still want to have a choice where they can have both connection and convenience. Despite the convenience of a virtual event, there are also many complications that we have to handle, for example choosing the right time to schedule the virtual event and ensuring that no technical difficulties occur on the day itself.